T he Fitchburg Redevelopment Authority (FRA) seeks the involvement of community members (both residents and business leaders alike) to serve on its Community Advisory Committee (CAC).
Over the last few months, the FRA embarked on updating the 2020 Fitchburg Downtown Urban Revitalization and Development Plan (the Plan), due to the current iteration expiring in January 2021. The FRA has retained the BSC Group to consult and update the Plan. BSC is using a two-phased approach to their process. Phase I consists of research and discovery, while Phase II involves community input. Recently, Phase I was completed and now the FRA is ready to move forward with the next phase. To that end, BSC advised the FRA to form the Citizen’s Advisory Committee (the CAC).
The Role of a CAC member:
The Citizen’s Advisory Committee (CAC) will comprise of 10-12 community members and will meet on a once-a-month basis for 3-5 months. Led by the BSC Group, the CAC will be charged with defining/redefining the Urban Renewal Boundaries and assist in identifying properties for acquisition, disposition, and assemblage. Meetings with the CAC will last for approximately 2 hours each month, and members will be expected to fully review their materials prior to meetings; all totaling 5-6 commitment hours a month per member.
Selection for the CAC will be based on the following characteristics:
- A broad perspective and concern for the welfare and progress of Fitchburg
- A familiarity with the history, issues, and goals of the City of Fitchburg and the FRA
- City Resident and/or Business owner/leader (can be non-resident)
- A willingness to devote time and effort to the work of the CAC
- Awareness and understanding of the current Plan (preferred)
In addition to this application, please email a letter of interest, resume to [email protected].
- August 21: Applications Due
- August 24-26: Application Review
- August 31-Sept. 4: Interviews
- First Meeting: September (TBD)