I n response to the extreme vulnerability, Fitchburg businesses have experienced since the first days of Covid-19 hitting our region, the Fitchburg Redevelopment Authority (FRA) launched the Emergency Economic Development Resiliency Grant in April. This grant program allocated grants of up to $2500 to Fitchburg businesses directly affected by the pandemic. These grants helped many businesses stay open, pay rent or employees, or purchase Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), among other needs.
As the Commonwealth moves forward with a slow reopening, local businesses continue to struggle financially. Therefore, the FRA is pleased to announce the launch of a second round of grant funding of up to $2500 for Fitchburg businesses affected by the pandemic. Funding is limited but the FRA is hoping to provide relief to approximately 40 businesses that have been significantly vulnerable during this unprecedented time. The grants are available for both previous award recipients and new applicants.
The FRA is a quasi-government agency that runs as a separate entity from the City of Fitchburg. That said funding comes directly from the FRA’s budget and not from City or State resources.
Note this is an FRA grant program, not a loan. Therefore, the funding awarded to your business is yours. There is no need to pay it back.
To be considered for a grant, the business must meet the following criteria:
· The business must be in Fitchburg and impacted by COVID-19 pandemic, such as restaurants, coffee shops, bars, salons, studios, and retail.
· Business must have been in existence for at least 2 years.
· Business has to have experienced a loss of 50% or more due to COVID-19 since March 10, 2020.
· A business must have less than $2 million in gross receipts.
· The application must be complete including supporting documents
Businesses NOT considered:
· Home businesses
· A business that has existed less than two (2) years
· A business owner who has defaulted on loans, mortgages/lease, child support, etc., or is in collection for any reason.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.